Introduction Post!

 Bonjour! Hello!

    My name is Renee B. I am a 30-year-old avid reader with an unnecessary love for Marvel (Spiderman is my favorite), Disney, and anything true crime-related. I am an English Education major at FSU and I am minoring in French because, c'est magnifique et amusant! I also am married and have one child whose sarcasm matches my own, which makes for some entertaining jokes in our home. My poor husband just loves dealing with the two of us. We also have a dog, Tank, who is the real boss of the house and recently added a horse named Artemis to our mix. Our family moved to Florida in the summer of 2019 from Washington State because I was tired of falling in the snow every winter, and other reasons of course. When I am not reading, spending time with my family, or completing academic work, you can be sure to find me either out and about kayaking or hiking nearby, or inside relaxing with Animal Crossing or The Sims, and listening to my favorite podcast, Crime Junkie. Three fun facts about me, I have 40+ houseplants, I used to teach yoga, and I am a Hufflepuff 🦡.

My husband, child, and myself at Disney World 2021.
    
                    The child is a disciplined equestrian.    Tank, the real star of the show.


Prior to the EME2040 class, which this blog is for, I have little experience using technology in an education setting. I was a Paraeducator for just over a year and was able to learn how to use some tools such as smartboards and projectors. However, I got only a small bit of experience before the world flipped upside down and Covid-19 became a thing. I do have an extensive background in technology and how it works from my time at Amazon.com along with my general everyday use.



   As for PLNs, I primarily rely on connections I have made through the years with other educators, especially those who are in the field I am working towards. I find that their first-hand experiences and years of in-classroom teaching go beyond what I can learn through text alone. However, that does not mean I do not use digital resources as well. One resource I have gotten familiar with is cpalms.org, which is where one can find grade-level standard lessons for Florida students. This resource provides me with regular support in what I should be prepared to teach. I also rely on the FSU library database for scholarly articles, journals, and books that help guide my knowledge on new subjects or certain focuses.



And that is me! I look forward to what this semester brings.




À bientôt ! See you soon!


-Renee Brady

Comments

  1. Hi Renee, it's been a pleasure getting to know you more and your family members through your first blog! CPALMS appears to be something you're already familiar with, which is fantastic! We'll talk about this later in the semester, and I'd love to hear about your experiences with this resource. I hope you enjoy this course and the journey of expanding your PLN throughout the course of the semester:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Looking forward to sharing that experience with CPALMS and getting to know about more PLN options along with knowing you more. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Hey Renee! I'm also an English Ed major with a love for Marvel! I love how visually engaging your blog is, both from the memes and your pictures. Your family is so sweet! I can't wait to spend this semester working with you and getting to know you, both in this class and in Irish Film :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment