Podcasts


Podcasts have been one of my favorite sources of entertainment for about six years now, basically since I lived in Seattle and had to commute over an hour each way (I do not recommend that). I primarily listen to true crime podcasts such as "My Favorite Murder" and "Crime Junkie". I also have enjoyed less gruesome podcasts like "History that Doesn't Suck" and "Little Talk in Slow French". However, this last week after watching several TikToks, I discovered a podcast about teachers who talk about all things student-related, with added real life. Now, this podcast is not just for education, in fact, it's more of a comedy podcast than anything else, but I found it to be insightful into the real lives of teachers.


"Teachers Off Duty" is hosted by teachers who share their classroom stories and other stories sent to them. All four of the host have a social media presence on TikTok and other platforms such as Instagram. In episode 3 - Let's Be REAL For a Second, the teachers discussed how some teachers are not allowed to have a social media presence, even though it is done outside of school hours. What I loved about this episode, and this podcast in general is that each teacher is authentic and brings to light real situations teachers around the country are facing. They also make you laugh with them and are engaging people to listen to. 


What podcasts have you found insightful? 


Until next time!


À bientôt!


-Renee Brady



Comments

Popular Posts